Question: Can I include an adult child into my onshore Partner Visa application (de facto visa or spouse visa)? 

Answer: you may be able to include an adult (over 18 years of age) child or step child to your undecided Partner visa application (820/801). This is possible if your child is a “dependent child”.

A “dependent child” is a child (step-child) in these cases. If the child has not yet turned 18. If the child has turned 18 but dependent on you. Or: turned 18 but unable to work due to the total or partial loss of the their bodily or mental functions.

Important note: your child must be a dependent child both at the time when you apply for a Partner visa application and at the time of the decision on the case. 

Adding a child or a step-child to the application can be confusing. Especially if the child is over 18 years of age. 

For more details on including your child to your de facto or spouse Partner Visa – contact Shire Migration.